Made a huge stack of changes to the game since my last update! Some of these have been
– Adding a drop shadow to player feedback text
– Adding sounds and polishing levels 1-13
-Creating levels 28-35 to a playable and completable state
– Re-Jigging of the options menu within the game so you can now change character skins when they unlock
– Split Sound, Player Customization and Game Stats into their own function menus
– Added scripts to the players which recognize the new player skins
-Tweaked a few puzzles for polishing, a few errors with collision areas in
Current to do list
- Need to add Sound effects manager to the levels past level 13 for the game
- Must add UI sounds inside the levels in the game
- Will attempt to re-integrate the menu sounds I had for the level select menu
- Need to create 8 more tracks for the game – inspiration there just need more time in the day!
- Need to create 33+ all bonus player skins to unlock, may also include user submissions so if you have any please send them this way!
- A lot of polishing, play-testing and code efficiency checks need to be made in a 46 hour burn period in the game
- Need to check compatibility with Windows XP as problems have been noted with XP OS
- Need to tweak UI within the game menus, some texts are too big/small for the buttons, some of the GUI moves around on screen resizing too much
- Need to fix annoying music tab out bug, may investigate pausing game entirely if tabbed out, although need to do research on this one
If there are any more fixes needed after this, they will come in the form of content patches post release. The game will be shipping in the best possible state of polish it can get as I will work my socks off from now until submission date which I am officially hoping to be December 14th to Desura.
Below I will post a video that I have uploaded showing the changes and additions to the player skins and should give you a rough idea of where the game is at!
There is also a Mac OSX demo of the game now too on the IndieDB page http://www.indiedb.com/games/reverse
If you enjoy my game please vote for me on IndieDB of the year,(should be a red button at the top of the page) and leave some feedback for me as well if you have any! Will post another update quite soon! Stay tuned!